Instant answers to common questions Find more FAQs at our academy
What is the time required for the training?
We defined a 3-day training program and expect that even inexperienced operators can learn to operate the system with confidence in that time. The training program consists of a theoretical part, a practical part and a software part.
What is the accuracy of the obtained orthophotos and point cloud?
Our answer to this question is based on the resolution of the raw images, assuming that images are sharp and have a good brightness. The accuracies are applicable to terrain types without closed vegetation canopies and with distinctive features (which counts for almost any terrain or object but not for water or perfect, untouched snow fields). For the sake of convenience, the accuracy statistics presented here are for a default project performed at 150 m height, which produces images with 5 cm pixel resolution (the Ground Sampling Distance – GSD), and calculated on independent ground control points (labeled “as check” and not used for processing in the adjustment with control points).
- The resolution of the orthophoto is maximally equal to the GSD, thus 5 cm.
- The planimetric accuracy is typically equal to the GSD of 5 cm (1 pixel). On a flat, feature-rich terrain, the planimetric RMS error can be as low as 2.5 cm.
- The accuracy in z of the points in the DSM is typically 2 to 3 times the planimetric accuracy. On a flat terrain, the RMS error in z can be as low as 5 cm..
- The bias error for the reference grid will be determined by the accuracy of the Ground Control Points (GCPs) included in the processing and the accuracy of the user selecting his GCP markers in the images (typically, a user inherently introduces an error of 0.5 – 1 pixel when indicating a ground control point). Using high-quality GPS measurements, this can be accurate up to one to two centimetres.
- TBC allows the grid density of the points in the point cloud to be up to one GSD, thus one point per 5 cm for the default case. This results in many millions of points for a typical project.
Where can I buy a Trimble UAS?
Please check-out our distributors page to locate a distributor near you.
For which applications can UAS be used?
Please check-out our applications page for more information.
Where can I get support?
You can find the contact details of our global support team on www.trimble.com/Support